Can Impact Investing in emerging markets successfully facilitate capital towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals?
Palladium will be hosting a one day conference on Impact Investing in Emerging Markets, Capital Allocation for Sustainable Development on 26 June 2017 in Oxford, UK.
This year’s conference will focus on how Impact Investing can align to support the global Sustainable Development Goals and will debate and discuss some of the key themes and challenges at the centre of Impact Investing in emerging markets. The conference will focus on the key question, “Can Impact Investing in emerging markets successfully facilitate capital towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals?”
Based off feedback from last year’s conference to stimulate critical thought and interaction, this year’s format will include Debates, Workshops and Interactive Sessions. Please see the attached event BROCHURE and full event details are also available HERE on our website
This 1 day conference will debate, discuss and share some of the key themes and challenges essential to at the centre of Impact Investing in emerging markets:
• Impact investing as a tool to address social and environmental prosperity in emerging markets
• Alignment of direct and intermediated investment portfolios with appropriate sustainable development goals
• The effects of the SDGs on investment and exit strategies
Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
• Effective methodologies and toolkits to address ESG concerns in the context of emerging markets
• Red flags and risk management techniques, both reputational and financial
• Role of ESG on exits – do ESG screens influence success?
• Incorporating impact and ‘lens’ based frameworks into the entire investment process
• Informatics approaches to capturing, cleaning and understanding impact data
• Relevance of impact on exit opportunities and strategies
• Design and structuring approaches to align investors with varying financial return and impact objectives
• Blended finance, tiered tranches and bond issuances as direct investment strategies in impact focused corporates
• Valuation methodologies and effective structuring of an investment exit
• Realistic expectations for limited partners in impact investing funds
• Management, performance and technical assistance fees
• Exit visibility and impact on financial returns
- Explore ways to expedite sustainable private sector investment to facilitate economic growth and prosperity in emerging markets
- Discuss methods to leverage official development assistance through private sector investment that seeks to tackle extreme poverty and other sustainable development goals
- Network with active players including impact investment professionals and industry thought leaders in an effort to define (and refine) industry best practices
- Participate in cutting edge discussions and have an opportunity to share experiences and lessons learnt (case studies/scenarios for discussion welcome)
- Establish and discover viable, less conventional potential co–investment channels, partnerships and opportunities
EBAN Members get a special discount! Contact email@example.com for more information!