Five years of data has allowed the European Venture Philanthropy Association (EVPA) to analyse interesting trends and evolutions in the VP/SI sector. Below we highlight the most striking ones:
• Overall growth for the sector, 108 organisations allocated €6.5 billion between them since they began their operations, a 30% increase compared to Fiscal Year (FY) 2013.
• Budgets remained stable.
• The surveyed organisations invested an average of €7.8 million through VP/SI activities.
• There is a sharp rise in co-investment between peers since FY 2013. 63% of respondents have co-invested in the past and 19% said they are interested in doing so, even if they have not co-invested yet. Of the respondents that answered both this and the last survey, the organisations that have co-invested increased from 69% to 80%.
• Over FY 2015 a number of smaller players (with budgets under €2.5million) have entered the space.
• VP/SI organisations have no shortage in investment opportunities and are improving their deal screening process. Over FY 2015, respondents screened 7,520 potential opportunities. On average, each VPO screened 86 organisations, did further due diligence on 17 of them, and selected 9 investees.
Visit the EVPA website to download an infographic containing the key findings of the survey or the full report.